San Mateo County, California
Now's the time to volunteer with Sequoia Audubon Society!
We have many opportunities available: citizen-science projects, clerical tasks, computer-based work, outdoor activities, ecological activism, education-related opportunities, and more. Don't succumb to feeling immobilized by the enormity of issues besetting the globe environmentally: get active! You can make a difference, starting in your own backyard and community.
If you would like to know more email us.
- Secure speakers for the 10 general meetings.
- Maintain contact with speakers, giving them general information about where and when the programs are held, what they need to bring, and what Sequoia provides;
- Set up the projector for the speaker;
- Introduce speaker at the meeting;
- Notify Treasurer so that honorarium check is received in time for the meeting;
- Send thank you note to speaker following the program.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Submit a write-up of the programs (written by the speakers) to the newsletter editor prior to the deadline for publication. It should include program title, speaker's name, a brief description of the talk and a short biography of the speaker.
- Advertise event on social media, including Facebook and Yahoo Groups (penbird, birdingevents) etc.
Additional Open Volunteer Positions:
Western Bluebird, American Kestrel and Barn Owl Nest Box Monitors
Single Day Jobs, ie: organize a beach clean-up or other events